It’s a new Ask DST, and this week Diamond Select Toys and Gentle Giant Ltd. president DSTChuck is answering your questions about a whole bunch of topics! Marvel, Star Wars, Ecto, Minimates and more are addressed in this installment. Read on for his answers, then submit your own questions at diamondselecttoys.com/ask-dst/!
Todd H.: I have a question for the President of Diamond Select Toys and the team responsible for the Minimates Marvel vs Capcom 3 line that was released back in 2011. I am a huge fan of the MvC3 Minimates line and of Minimates in general. Though I am a bit disappointed that all the characters from the game were not included in the original line. So, my question is this. What would need to be done in order for a Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Minimates series to be created and released? I would really like to know because I am not only a fan of UMVC3, but I am also a bit of a completionist and the old MvC3 Minimates line feels incomplete without the missing characters included in it.
DSTChuck: I do not think that is something we will be able to do, but never say never.
Francesco G.: Hi! Any idea when we'll get news/teases about the next comic based Marvel select? I also saw the old Marvel select Colossus Is up for pre-order in some online stores, so is he getting a reissue? Would love to grab that up.
DSTChuck: We have more Marvel 616 in development right now, so hopefully something SOON.
Roberto A.: I would like to know if you have plans to make Marvel Select Hydra Stomper?
DSTChuck: Sorry not at this time.
Michael: Any chance you guys will make the “Mignolaverse” action figures? Comic Hellboy, Abe sapien, frog monster etc. in 7-inch scale?
DSTChuck: We did some Hellboy items in the past for the movie. I think if some sort of ‘verse deal were possible we would be interested.
Jason Y.: Hi Chuck, Thanks again for taking time to answer our questions!
- I noticed we didn't have any products for the Shang-Chi movie. Was it due to the pandemic or another reason?
- For the Marvel Gallery line, any thoughts of doing civilian designs like Peter Parker in a dynamic pose to reveal his Spidey costume underneath? Or a dynamic pose taking photos?
- Have there been thoughts to combine the Vinimates line with Gallery statues or Minimate Gallery statues? That we can get some cool diorama for say GhostBusters - Stay Puft Marshmallow man. Or Marvel's Sentinel or Galactus for the minimates collectors.
DSTChuck: OF course, if you want to take the time to write and care enough about what we make, it’s the least I can do.
- A multitude of reasons made it so that we could not get Shang-Chi items done in time for the movie, but we have discussed maybe going back and making something like a Gallery.
- That is not something we have looked at, yet. We have bounded around the idea of a Mary Jane or such.
- Folks have suggested that before and we’ve done a couple items that COULD serve that purpose, we might do it in the future. But Marvel would not be possible at this time.
Joey: I was wondering if you will ever make busts/statues of any of the prominent Jedi from the movies that still haven’t ever been made. Characters like Luminara Unduli, Adi Galia, Eeth koth, yarael poof, saesee tiin, and quinlan Vos to give examples of just a few. I’m pretty sure there are many other fans who would like these characters and ones like them to be made, it’d be awesome if they were.
DSTChuck: It has absolutely been considered , but just right now it does not 100% track on what we are developing, but for sure could be a line we could do in the not too distant future.
Landon J.: Back in July you confirmed work on a 1:15 scale Ecto 1. Is that still a go? The original Ecto from the first movie?
DSTChuck: Sorry not at this time, but we do hope to get back to it in the not too far off future.
Denis C.: Any upcoming releases in the femme fatale pvc statute series, particularly lady death?
DSTChuck: There is nothing in the works at the moment but there have been some discussions about future ideas.
Terry K.: Any plans for a Gallery pvc statue of Marvel comics Moonknight? Or any plans for more Marvel comics cosmos characters for the Gallery pvc statue line, Warlock, Silver Surfer Beta Ray Bill? How about more Marvel vs. Pvc statue line, like Hulk, classic Hawkeye or Ant-man, Black Panther?
DSTChuck: I think if we were to do a Moon Knight it would be MCU not 616 at this moment. The Gallery line for 616 and MCU is still going strong. I can say in one format or another some of the characters you mention above are being worked on.